Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day Eve

Jeff and I aren't big Valentine's Day people. He did buy me roses this year (and two buttertarts - my favourite), but we opted for a casual dinner out tonight (with a nicer one planned for next weekend).

There's a front patio and back patio - great for drinking beer in the summer.
We went to our favourite restaurant, the Woolwich Arrow - although to us (and those who know and love it) it's just the Wooly.

Jeff was pleased to see the Wooly had the Netherworld Cascadian Dark Ale from Flying Monkeys brewery. He enjoyed two pints of this ale. My sip of it surprised me - I wasn't expecting the hops. When I see a dark beer like that, I think of a more malty taste. I liked it, but I'm not sure I liked it nearly as much as Jeff.

I had the Harvest Ale from F&M Brewery here in Guelph. I'll be honest, this is my go-to beer. While Jeff will almost always have whatever is on the feature tap at the Wooly, if the feature doesn't appeal to me, I go with the Harvest Ale. I enjoy the taste - which does change slightly depending on the time of year - and it goes well with just about everything.

Anyone who is in Guelph should go to the Wooly for lunch/dinner/just to have a beer. We love the staff - can't say enough good things about them - and while the food is always good, perhaps more importantly, they've always got good brews on tap.

No comments:

Post a Comment