Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday notes



Wellington's Winter Cask Day

Today (Saturday) from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. there's an event at the Wellington Brewery in Guelph. It's going to feature several beers as cask-conditioned ales, as well as limited edition beer. It's just $5 a person and on a windy, wintery day like today, some good beer will make it all seem better.

Mill Street Vanilla Porter

We went to the Wooly last night - as we do most Friday nights - and this is the beer I had. In fact, I had two. I really enjoy this beer. I love the vanilla smell and taste - and it's pretty easy to drink (which is why I had two. I didn't realize I had downed the first until Pam asked if I wanted another).

Jeff told me before I had it that the Mill Street vanilla porter tastes like a milkshake. While I'm not 100% on board with that, I do get what he means. I love the creaminess of the head of this beer (please, no jokes about a woman loving head), although maybe due to this milkshake idea, I expect the beer to have more body or something. But I still like it and now that it appears it is a regular on the Wooly beer line-up, I'll likely have more of it in the future.  (Visit the Mill Street pub website)

Although, if it was put up against F&M's Oatmeal Coffee Stout, which uses Planet Bean coffee, it would likely lose out. I really like F&M's stout (and Planet Bean's coffee).

No comments:

Post a Comment