Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I can't find my cold cellar


The above picture is our cold cellar.

There is very little food in it.

That poorly-crafted Ikea shelving unit does look like it's about to tip over - but it's been like that for a few years. If it ever were to crash, my husband would likely cry like a baby.

Yes, that photo shows mostly beer on that shelving unit. I might have some napkins on there, and a thing of Hamburger Helper (which we never eat, so I have no clue why I bought it).

Jeff's beer collection is what we'd both describe at a tad out of control. Along with this beer (including in the boxes on the floor because there is nowhere else to put it), he has a beer fridge, where he keeps special beers you can keep a while (barley wine, other beers that can age), as well as half of the bottom shelf in our fridge (I got a little upset when he started putting beer in the crisper before Christmas - so he's scaled it back a bit in there).

You will perhaps recognize a few bottles: Great Lakes Brewery's Project X bottles, Muskoka's double chocolate cranberry stout, the cans in the bag are from Neustadt brewery, some from Black Oak Brewery, as well as some he just got through a private order from Garrison in Halifax.

Perhaps this snapshot into our lives will give you a good idea of what Jeff will be drinking (and what I'll be trying) on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment