Friday, February 25, 2011

Neustadt 10W30

I love that Jeff likes Neustadt Springs' beer. I'm a fan, if only because I grew up in Hanover (about 15 minutes from Neustadt - if even) and so I feel connected to this brewery in a way.

We usually stop in any time we're heading up to see my family and the best part about this brewery (after the beer) is the staff - they are super friendly, always willing to talk and they're interesting to talk to.

Apparently this beer also takes Jeff back to his high school part-time job, too.

But enough about that.

Jeff's review:

Neustadt's 10W30 has a bold name and bold packaging to go with it.

You can't help but think "motor oil" when you read the name and see the hot rod on pictured on the can. If that has you worried, don't be; it doesn't pour like goopy molasses and it doesn't blot out the sun.

It pours a nice cola colour with minimal beige head that doesn't leave behind any lacing once its dissipated. This english brown ale has light carbonation and medium body. I get some nuttiness in the flavour and what reminds me of the rye bread they used to make at the bakery I worked at in high school.

There's definitely a sweetness to this beer; it's malty. And make sure to drink this at a warmer temperature to taste all the flavour in the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment