Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wellington Brewery Terrestrial India Brown Ale

We love breweries that do one offs, and Wellington does about one a month.

Their Terrestrial India Brown Ale is one of them. Jeff's can was from the January batch, so it was a couple of months old. Maybe that's why this beer wasn't a hit for him.

"I'm not getting much of any aroma off this beer - I am a little stuffed up, but I think I'd be smelling something," he told me.

He said the beer has a dark rye/pumpernickel flavour.

"There's some dark sweetness and nuttiness to it, plus maybe some mild grapefruit. It also has a big, bitter finish. Personally, I like that, but I also like my coffee black and bitter," he said.

"I'd like to see a version of this with more aromatic and flavouring hops - I think it has the potential to be a really great beer."

No comments:

Post a Comment