Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Imperial Amber Nugget Nectar by Troegs Brothers

Have you ever called a beer "juicy?"

My husband has now.

During a trip to the U.S. for work, he picked up the Imperial Amber Nugget Nectar by Pennsylvania brewery, Troegs Brothers.

"My God, it's so juicy," he wrote to me in an email. "So deliciously hop juicy. And while it's 93 IBUs, I don't find it to be enamel-destroying. It is incredibly drinkable, in spite of the high bitterness and 7.5% alcohol. Seriously, I think after the first sip, I just kept thinking, 'I love you I love you I love you I love you.' Oh so damn good."

In a later email, Jeff admitted he was going to be very sad when that beer was done, then told me it was "a religious experience."

Whoa!

"Would it be wrong to have it for breakfast? Only because it's a work day," he said, jokingly (I think ... probably not).

The Nugget Nectar is a seasonal - only available in February and March.

"Man, did I get lucky," Jeff said.

Yes, yes you did, honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment