Friday, May 10, 2013

Panil Barriquee Flanders Red Ale

Panil Barriquee Flanders Red Ale
8% abv.
This was an interesting beer - Panil Barriquee Flanders Red Ale.

I was hit by the fruity sweetness of the beer when Jeff handed it to me. I liked it, but also wondered if it wasn't a bit like ice wine - you really can't drink too much of it, and it's more like something to have with dessert.

Jeff agreed.

"It smells like sour cherries and balsamic vinegar - something people might not associate with beer. The taste is tart with cranberries, apple, balsamic vinegar and damp wood," Jeff said.

He said it's probably not for everyone, and there are times he'd pass on it.

"But then there are times when it's absolutely what I want," he said.

"I don't think I could drink more than a bottle, though, because the acidity would wreck my tongue."

No comments:

Post a Comment