Thursday, May 9, 2013

Garrison Ass-Kicker IPA

Garrison Ass-Kicker IPA
6.7 abv., 60 IBUs
I was in Halifax recently on a personal matter, and I knew I'd have some time to waste on the day I was flying back, so I knew immediately I'd be going to Garrison.

(As a sidenote: Their pop is awesome. If you can stop by the brewery to get some, do it. I loved the root beer.)

Anyway, I picked up a few beers for Jeff to try - including this one that had an elastic band around the label, which alludes to just some of the problems they had getting this beer into the bottles (loose clamp, hop substitution), so of course the label would be an issue, too.

"There's a big marmalade aroma," Jeff said of the Garrison Ass-Kicker IPA. "That follows through in the taste: Orange peel and caramel, but not too sweet. And the finish is bitter enough for most hop lovers."

Despite the challenges Garrison's brewers faced getting this beer out, "it turned out pretty great in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment