Saturday, May 18, 2013

Kensington Watermelon Wheat

Fruit Stand Watermelon Wheat, Kensington Brewing Company
4.5 abv., 13 IBUs
What's a long weekend without beer? No fun, that's what.

We had some people over for a BBQ last night and I dove into my summer go-to beer, a six-pack of McAuslan's Apricot Wheat. It's always a great summer beer, in my opinion.

But when I saw Baker Street Station in Guelph post a photo of their current line up of beers on Facebook, and there was a Watermelon Wheat beer from Kensington Brewing Co. on there, I told Jeff I was taking him to lunch!

I really liked this beer - it definitely had a watermelon flavour, but it wasn't overpowering in any way. It was just there and it was nice. I could see myself drinking this beer on the patio for hours.

Jeff agreed.

He noted the beer had a "big foamy head and tons of carbonation. Wheat and some lemon aroma. Tastewise, things are pretty mild. The watermelon is restrained - in my opinion a good thing - and the sweetness isn't overpower," he said. "A great summer patio beer."

I couldn't agree more. I hope everyone is able to at least get outside with a good beer this weekend and relax for a bit.

Cheers to Queen Victoria!

No comments:

Post a Comment