Sunday, June 19, 2011

Why aren't I drunk on Father's Day?

Happy Father's Day, Leader Bee. (Jeff's on the right, his sister, Alison, is on the left).
Today is Father's Day and unfortunately, the Woolwich Arrow is not having their usual Ale Trail. This is disappointing because today is usually when my father-in-law and I get trashed at the ale trail - while Jeff looks on and is disgusted his wife can't hold her liquor better (and shakes his head as his dad asks people embarrassing questions).

But, fear not - beer will be part of our day. It has to be - this is the beginning of Ontario Craft Beer Week!

For dinner, we're still going to the Wooly for their Father's Day Ale Trail Dinner. It's going to be a food/beer pairing meal with local food and beer from Wellington and F&M. Also available will be a sampling of a Black IPA that is a collaboration between the two breweries.

Before that, though, we'll be making a stop at Wellington for their open house. The one-off will be the Bitter Ce'da Blue (which actually drives me nuts - Ce'da is for Cedar ... so it should be Ceda' ...).

So, hopefully, I'll get a tad tipsy on Father's Day. I'm sure Jeff's dad - who seems to really enjoy having more than a few beers with his son and daughter-in-law - will appreciate the effort. And, the good news about having beer with dinner instead of the entire afternoon is I won't pass out during dinner this year (and yes, that happened last year).

Meanwhile, here's some photos from last year's ale trail.
The guys from Beau's.

I believe this was F&M's strawberry beer - it was my downfall. So tasty!

There were some great music.

The back parking lot (there were also people inside).

No comments:

Post a Comment