Monday, March 7, 2011

Norrebro Bryghus

Norrebro Bryghus is the latest brewery to be featured by the LCBO. The beer I picked up from this Danish brewer is Bombay Pale Ale. It comes in a 600 mL bottle and is 6.5% abv, but at $7.50/bottle, it’s a wee bit expensive.

The beer pours a clear orange with a white head that quickly dissipates. The carbonation on this beer is very low. This IPA has a more floral/grassy hop aroma to its nose - as do most European IPAs I’ve found. 

I have to say, I’m more of a citrus hops fan. I also get some spice on the nose. Maybe coriander? 

The beer itself doesn’t taste bad but it’s not what I was hoping to get. Its not overly hoppy - very mild hops. I find the malt taste to be dominant. As well, I can’t help but be reminded of a Belgian wit beer.

The last brewery featured by the LCBO was Dieu de Ciel - a brewery with a strong line-up of beers. They definitely set the bar high. 

Did I just pick a beer Norrebro’s not great at brewing? I might be willing to give one of their other beers a shot but at $7.50/bottle, I’m a little me gun shy.

No comments:

Post a Comment