Monday, January 21, 2013

Matt's Sleepy Time Belgian Imperial Stout from Beau's

He drank it before I got a picture of the beer.
We lucked out before Christmas when we went into Toronto for the day and made a pit stop at the LCBO on the Queen's Quay - because they had a number of beers there that never made it to Guelph.

Like the Best of Beau's four-pack, which had Patio Saison, Farm Table: Belgian Pale Ale, Screamin' Beaver Oak Aged Double IPA, and Matt's Sleepy Time Beligun Imperial Stout.

Jeff was iffy on the Screamin' Beaver - although admitted it tasted better the warmer it got. I was surprised that I really liked this beer.

But the Matt's Sleepy Time Belgian Imperial Stout was Jeff's favourite of the bunch.

"There's a lot going on in this beer: Mocha, berry jam, burnt toast, herbal hops, licorice ... so much flavour. But it all comes together in harmony," Jeff said.

"I wish I had picked up a couple of these four packs just for this beer - although the other beers in the pack are solid as well. I really wish Beau's standard LCBO offerings (i.e. Lug Tread Lager) were this interesting."

No comments:

Post a Comment