Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Royal City Brewing - a must stop

Inside Royal City Brewery, Guelph.
If you are in the Guelph area, you must must MUST stop at the newest brewery - Royal City Brewing.

You won't find this beer in the LCBO - it's only sold in growlers of different sizes in the store - but it is well worth the stop. And if you've already been, go again - every week it seems they have something new.

I wasn't lying - the milk had to be moved.
The brewery has only been open about a month, but the growlers have already become as common in our fridge as milk. (And if I'm being honest, sometimes, the milk has to get moved in order to accommodate the beer.)

Jeff has tried pretty much every beer - whether in store or by bringing it home - and I'm not sure there's a beer he hasn't liked.

I've only tried the evening stout, but it is by far one of the best stouts I have ever had. I'm not over-exaggerating here, either. It is so good. I cannot wait to have a whole growler of it to myself. I gave a growler to a co-worker to try and he agreed it was mighty tasty. I am eager to try the morning stout - which Jeff says he prefers to the evening stout (although, again, both are good).

Some of the fun things they've been trying over there: a lemon thyme beer, banana bread beer and an English sour.

There is also a rumour they're working on a one-off for Baker Street Station to go in their new Frosty Feature drinks.

Also, watch their Twitter feed - it's got more info than their website (which is still a work in progress).

American Wheat - Jeff said it was great on a summer day.
Columbus P.A., Evening Stout, Gateway IPA, Gordon Hill Hefe.

No comments:

Post a Comment