Thursday, October 3, 2013

Atlantic Bar Harbor Real Ale

My co-worker and friend Chris was recently on his honeymoon in Maine and when he returned, he brought back some Atlantic Bar Harbor Real Ale. And because I have given him a beer once or twice, he brought a bottle in for me.

At the risk of sounding like a teenager, "O.M.G."

This beer is fantastic. I really liked it. I said to Jeff that it was like having a pop - it was smooth and just great flavours. (Jeff said it was like a "wobbly pop.")

The brewery says this was their first beer in 1991 and they wanted to make it smooth and easy-drinking. Check.

They say there are nice caramel tones. Check.

They say they wanted a balance of hops and malt. Check.

This is a beer that, if I saw it on a draft list, I wouldn't even think - I'd just order it. I'd love to have this beer again! (I'm also itching to try their Cole Porter!)

Thanks, Chris!

No comments:

Post a Comment