Friday, April 5, 2013

Neustadt Springs Brewery's Big Dog Porter

Neustadt Springs Brewery's Big Dog Beaujolais Porter
5.5% abv.
This is my personal favourite from a "hometown" brewery (I grew up in Hanover, just a few minutes from Neustadt).

But I'll let Jeff tell you about his thoughts on Neustadt Springs Brewery's Big Dog Beaujolais Porter.

"This beer pours a deep, deep ruby red - appropriate since it's blended with 3% Pelee Island red wine. There's a lot of berry fruit in the smell - raspberry I think, it has a slight tartness. The taste again has berries but with dark roasted and chocolate malts. There's also a slight tart/sourness in the finish which really helps balance the sweetness of the berry and chocolate flavours.

"This beer can be a little hard to find. My wife (that's me!) and I stop by the brewery frequently on the way to Hanover to visit family. You can usually find the Big Dog, 456 Marzen, Mill Gap Bitter and Texas Tea Honey Stout canned and in the fridge ready to take home. I know the brewery has also been working at opening a tasting room - making it even more of a reason to visit."

No comments:

Post a Comment