Sunday, June 24, 2012

Founder's Centennial IPA

When I went on a recent trip with some girlfriends to the States, my husband's last words to me were, "Buy me some beer."

So I did.

I ended up finding this beer - Founders Centennial IPA - in a Kmart. There were a few other craft beers, but as I was in Michigan, I wanted to get him a local beer. 

I had picked up one that looked OK, but only said "lager" on it. I knew he wouldn't be thrilled by that.

Then I found the Founders beer. Knowing it was an IPA, I figured it was more likely Jeff would appreciate this than the lager, so I made the switch.

I'm glad I did.

I brought it home and Jeff inspected it. Then he went to Beer Advocate, where we discovered it had a pretty darn good rating.

Jeff said the beer was good, hoppy - a really drinkable beer. 

"I wouldn't session it, though. It's too much alcohol," he said, noting it's 7.2%. "You can't drink lots of them. Or, at least, you'd get drunk (if you did)."

My one mistake was I gave two out of the six-pack away to my friend who drove (because her husband also enjoys craft beers and she refused to take gas money). Jeff has told me to never do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment